- Created on Thursday, 19 August 2010 10:56
- Written by Muhammad Shaahid Abdool
19 December 1980
Resolution 484 (1980)
of 19 December 1980
The Security Council,
Recalling its resolution 468 (1980) and 469 (1980),
Taking note of General Assembly resolution 35/122 F of 11 December 1980,
Expressing its grave concern at the expulsion by Israel of the Mayor of Hebron and the Mayor of Halhoul,
1. Reaffirms the applicability of the Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, of 12 August 1949, to all the Arab territories occupied by Israel in 1967;
2. Calls upon Israel, the occupying Power, to adhere to the provisions of the Convention;
3. Declares it imperative that the Mayor of Hebron and the Mayor of Halhoul be enabled to return to their homes and resume their responsibilities;
4. Requests the Secretary-General to report on the implementation of the present resolution as soon as possible.
Adopted unanimously at the 2260th meeting.